SAIL strives to assist veterans and military families with resources and make connections to service across the U.P.
Our services through communication with our Veteran Navigator:
Through collaboration with the State of Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities Administration, the veteran navigator will assess the needs and identify gaps in services to our veteran and military families in the U.P.
- Increase awareness of and access to publicly funded behavioral health care service providers in our local community.
- Increase communication, collaboration and coordination of services between the publicly funded behavioral health care system and VA center in the U.P.
- Reduce stigma for veterans and military family members to reach out for help.
Our services through the U.P. Vets SERVED Program:
SAIL has developed a health and wellness program specifically for veterans and military families to create opportunities for camaraderie in a welcoming, engaging environment.
- Collaboration between local veterans and SAIL staff to work as a team to assist in planning, organizing and running the events in community settings.
- Allows all veterans and their families to build relationships, identify barriers and share experiences only veterans can understand and overcome obstacles only they face.
- Offer resources and wellness events throughout the year either with a day long or two day event that is entirely funded so the veteran does not endure any additional cost to participate due to local contributions.
For a list of current U.P. Vets SERVED programs and events, please visit our Calendar page – click here. Thank you!
Stay in the know, signup for our free U.P. Vets SERVED newsletter below: