SAIL strives to be the conduit in making sure all locations, services, and information is accessible to everyone in our community, including people who live with a disability.
Our services through our Access for Success Program:
The Access for Success Program was designed to provide accessibility support services to any business or organization in any county in the U.P. through by fee for service. Our staff will assist you with learning more about the types of challenges or barriers that individuals living with all types of disabilities face in the community. Your business or organization will gain a working knowledge of best practices regarding how to ensure all individuals are welcomed and can access all aspects of your work or products to improve your bottom line and guarantee improved success!
Contact SAIL at 906-228-5744 for more information and to request a menu of services.
Menu of services include but not limited to:
- Presentations, Trainings and webinars (employment and a person with a disability, service dogs, Title II and Title III of the ADA, Communication and the ADA, ADA and universal design, accessible documents)
- ADA and Compliance (telephone consultations, on site meetings, on site evaluations, report of findings)
- Support Letters for specific projects or for review prior to applications for ADA requirements for grants (request must be 30 days in advance)
- Great Lakes ADA
- MI ADA Steering Committee
- Michigan Disability Resources
- Michigan Pump Guide
- Travel Accessibility Resources