SAIL strives to connect all individuals living with a disability with independent living skills training to ensure information, knowledge and power to live a full, productive life.
Our services through the Stepping Stones to Independence Program:
We all need to make decisions in our own lives, but first we need the information and knowledge that allows those decisions to be good decisions. After all, knowledge is power. Attend these workshops to give an individual knowledge, information and power!
Trainings and workshops to include topics including but not limited to:
- Independent Living: Learning the Basics
- Self-Determination: Making your own choices
- Self – Advocacy: Speak Up and Speak Out
- Show Me the Money: Money In and Money Out
- Live Well: Healthy Living
- Independent Living: Putting the Pieces Together
Education and IL skills training Links:
- Council for Exceptional Children
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Accredited Online Colleges and Disability Education http://www.accreditedonlinecolleges.org/Resources/Accredited-Online-Colleges-and-Disability-Education/