SAIL strives to make all places, services, and information accessible to everyone in our community, including people with disabilities.
- Educating the public, business owners, property management, and staff about ADA requirements and reasons to improve accessibility. This includes showing people that making changes is not necessarily cost-prohibitive. In fact, we often identify free or low-cost ways to remove barriers.
- Providing a thorough, detailed facility evaluation of sites brought to our attention by businesses, community partners, our staff, or volunteers. Our accessibility specialist and trained volunteers provide an on-site analysis, detailed written report, and affordable suggestions for the needed renovations.
- Training volunteers about ADA design standards and working with public facilities. The volunteers on our Access Team act as our eyes and ears to identify barriers within their own communities. They also help out with facility evaluations as needed.
- Great Lakes ADA
- MI ADA Steering Committee
- Michigan Disability Resources
- Michigan Pump Guide
- Travel Accessibility Resources